Monday, August 30, 2010

Big News!

This past week, while on vacation in Calabria, I got a new job!! I am the new Student Life Assistant for Georgetown University at their study abroad program in Fiesole, Italy. The job is very similar to the one I'm doing now, except I'll be living with the students. Housing and meals are included for me, AND they pay me. Imagine: getting paid to work! And the work is something I enjoy! I feel very very blessed to have found such a great opportunity. My contract lasts until December, at which point they'll decide if they want to keep this new position or not. This means four more months in Italy with the possibility for more! Plus, this new location puts me closer to Bologna, so I can go visit more often. I start immediately, on September 1st. Usually, the program takes place at Villa le Balze, donated by the Rockefeller family, but since they're doing renovations we'll be located in hotel this semester. If you'd like to check out the location where I'll be living/eating/working, you can visit Villa Aurora. Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on the new developments and I'll try to catch up on my blog posts as well, as I still have the Palio and Calabria to tell you all about! More to follow soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment