Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Who ya gonna call?


Margaret Rockefeller de Larrain's farther had the villa built in 1912, and she spent most of her childhood here. Before her death, she donated the villa to Georgetown in 1979. But many people say she never really left. Many claim to have seen her around the grounds dressed exactly as she is above, on her wedding day.

While I've yet to see her (thank the Lord in Heaven), I promise you I respect her presence. My director's very sensory mother-in-law has said the she is a friendly spirit, so while many would be frightened to share a large villa with a ghost, I have tried to put a positive spin on it and think of her as a guardian-angel-type that looks over and protects me. Or I just pretend I live at Hogwarts.

Still, I never go into her old room (where most of the incidents have occurred) when I'm alone. Mostly I just try not to think about her. Regardless of how lonely the empty villa might get without students, I do not want Margaret to keep me company!

No comments:

Post a Comment