Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parent's Italy Trip (PIT): Florence

Just arrived!

Since there are no students at the villa for most of May, I have the time off! My parents and I seized the opportunity (unfortunately Daniel couldn't come because he had school), and spent two weeks both traveling around Italy and enjoying Florence while staying in Georgetown's Fiesole apartment. The apartment has an amazing location in the main piazza of Fiesole, right above a bar, a restaurant, and the bus stop. It's also afforded great views, with the city on one side and Piazza Mino on the other. Despite all of our wonderful travels, some of our favorite moments throughout the whole trip were spent in this apartment, cooking at home, or drinking tea and playing cards. Here's a couple shots of "home":

Kitchen

Living Room

View of the main piazza (Mino) out the front window

Accordion shower

I know what you're thinking: that's a shower? Well, sort of. One thing's for sure-whatever it is, it sure created a lot of jocularity as each of us had our own adventures in flooding, soap slipping, and accidental butt-bumping of the doors. I think one morning, while showering, my dad laughed so hard he cried.

The first couple days in Florence we spent seeing the Accademia and Uffizi museums, shopping, and of course dining. One evening my director, Alan, invited us to dinner at his country house in Fiesole. And perhaps most importantly, my parents finally got to see the Villa!

View off the Ponte Vecchio

Dinner at 4 Leoni

Excited to see the villa!

Next stop...Rome!

No comments:

Post a Comment