Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Summer Group

This month we have had a short program here at the villa that takes place annually and is led by English Professor John Pfordresher. He brings along with him a graduate T.A., Sarah from Atlanta, who is my age and whom I have really enjoyed getting to know! She did the villa program herself several years ago, while I was in Bologna. We've taken a couple of nice weekend trips as a group, including one to San Gimignano and Siena and another through Tuscany to Monte Oliveto, Sant'Antimo, Pienza, and Montepulciano.

A toast in San Gimignano

Sarah and me at the Villa's Cena Toscana

Group shot at the abbey of Sant'Antimo

Another with Ernello at his pecorino cheese farm

And as always happens, the program drew to a close. Sarah and I took advantage of our last night out on the town together, witnessing a stunning sunset and scoring a window table for drinks at a swanky riverside restaurant on the Oltrarno called Golden View.



I'm sure gonna miss that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment