Monday, July 4, 2011

Countdown

Happy 4th of July, everyone! I'm not missing America today. No, not at all.

As I count down the days until my summer trip home (current count: 18) I realize this also means Giovanna's impending departure from Bologna. My heart map is going to lose another European presence and I'll have to move Gio's invisible tack to South Africa next. Fortunately at the same time she's leaving I'll be distracted by my California trip and getting to see my other, more geographically stable friends. Still, I'm really going to miss her.


We had another wonderful Bolognese weekend together-perhaps my last there for a while. When all you do is eat, sleep, shop and dance, you really can't go wrong. We went to a couple of our favorite spots, including Viccolo Bolognetti (awesome club in a courtyard come summer, elementary school come scholastic year) and a semi-outdoor club named Chalet in the huge park near Gio's.

We also managed to survive the first day of July sales. When an entire country only has two sales a year, things can get crazy. Imagine the Victoria Secret semi-annual sale in every single store. Madness! I had fun though because I'd been holding out for months on buying anything new. Now I've unleashed a monster.

The other reason this post is titled Countdown is because it was basically Gio and my theme song this weekend, from Beyonce's new album. Have a listen here.

Love and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment