Saturday, January 29, 2011

Miles from where you are

A couple of weekends ago I inaugurated the Resident Coordinator weekend off. With my history-making freedom, I decided to go back to my Siena apartment and crash with Letizia for a couple days. The air outside was chilling, so we spent a lot of time cooking and napping and watching episodes of Modern Family. One night we fiesta'ed with fajitas (my contribution to the weekend) and another we made Japanese dumplings (uber-creative and totally Leti's doing):

Our big culture outing for the weekend was a trip to Siena's Opera del Duomo, the museum dedicated to artifacts from the cathedral. The museum houses an incredible collection of Senese art, especially masterpieces by Duccio da Buoninsegna, known as Siena's greatest artist. Neither of us had ever been before, and I was so delighted to finally go. Arguably the greatest part of the museum is the panorama up top, where we inhaled crisp air and burnt sienna all around.

Of course it was a perfect opportunity for a photo shoot.



I get tired of smiling sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment