Monday, January 23, 2012

Too many sunsets I haven't seen


I suppose since I've made it official at work, I might as well make it official on my blog: I have decided not to renew my contract with Georgetown University and Villa Le Balze for another term. 

The decision seemed easy when I was home, surrounded by my friends and family, barbeque and bagels, but now that I'm here I'm reminded of everything that I have to give up on this side: amici, cibo, and daily sunsets over Florence, just to name a few.  I know that going home is for the best, and I truly feel ready for a new chapter, but goodness knows it's going to be tough. 

But I'm not gone yet!  I've already booked my spring break flights, and so in March I will be both visiting Letizia in Paris and returning to Madrid for Shawn.  Also, not this but next weekend, I'm planning on training to Carlotta who is currently living in Torino, the city that I consider to be the biggest gap in my Italian travels! 

I'm feeling refreshed still from my time home and have a really wonderful group this semester.  I'm hoping to make the most of the time I have left here and push myself to do and see and enjoy more new things and old friends while I still can.

I will probably return home sometime in June, at which point I will cook lots of Italian food for my peeps there, prepare myself for the couple of weddings I get to attend over the summer, and get serious about the ever-joyous hunt for a new job.  Keep your ears peeled for anything you think might tickle my fancy!

Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. While it's sad that the Villa Le Balze will be losing your presence, which has made the Villa feel like home, it's exciting to hear that you're bound for a new chapter and new adventure in your life. "In bocca al lupo" as you begin to discern that next adventure...

    Also, brava for your planned trip to Torino! I know that you will love it. Lots of love from the Fall 2011 group on this side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete