Sunday, June 6, 2010

Well, if you insist

Oh, the joys of working for less than slaves, migrants, and children with lemonade stands. The UC Siena study center emailed me this week and said they can offer me "indirect compensation" in the form of paying my rent. I'll take what I can get! I would have even accepted them funding my unavoidable gelato habit, although paying my rent might be more cost effective for them in the long run.

To top off that great news, I found an apartment this week as well! I used Easystanza, an Italian website, to find the place. However, due to their weird methods of charging people for their services, I could only send messages and not receive them. By using my refined problem-solving and facebook stalking skills, I somehow managed to track down the girl and get in touch. Now I'm moving in with her! I'll be living in a very internationally populated apartment in the center of town that offers stunning views of the hillsides. I can already imagine sipping wine and eating cheese while staring off into the distance. Come to mamma!

2 comments:

  1. yep, i just rented an apt in rome for july. it was an odd process but i'm glad i did it.

    enjoy your time there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay!! new post, new apartment, new adventure! it's happening :)

    ReplyDelete