Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ThankFULL


Better late than never, I figure, so here's my Thanksgiving blog.  It had been three years since I had spent a Thanksgiving at home, but since there's nothing like tradition to add consistency to holidays, it was as if I'd never left.  There were still crazy late-late preparations, Tia Diane's spinach dip and my parent's excellent Thanksgiving spread, and of course my dad dressing up like a goofball.


There were two new things this year, however.  One was the precious new addition to the family, Jax, Ashley and Ryan's new puppy.  He was so sweet and cuddly (when he wasn't nibbling on your hair or skin), and stole everyone's heart, even Emma's.  It was hilarious to watch them interact and to see Emma take on the role of the responsible adult who just wanted to rest.  Still, I think Emma missed him once he left!


Second was my mom enlisting the cousins' help to prepare post-dinner an apple crisp.  The boys were in shock that she was serious and one even said, "I've never had to actually do anything for Thanksgiving before."  Despite the early grumbles, they took to it really quickly and seemed exited to be crumbling and buttering and zesting the night away.


Happy Holidays to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment