Friday, March 15, 2013

The Sagacity of Winnie the Pooh

On pondering the excitement in my life right now, I thought I'd share this quote with you.

"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet at last, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?"

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?"

"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.

Pooh nodded thoughtfully. "It's the same thing," he said.”

This Mr. Pooh is a bear after my own heart.  At his innocent core he understands that food goes beyond sustenance; it's an entire world of possibilities, of taste bud temptation and tummy tantalization.  It's a comfort, a reward, a hobby.  And it's what keeps me going, both nutritionally and creatively.  It's like in Sister Act II, when Whoopie says to my girl Lauryn Hill, "If you wake up in the morning, and you can't think of anything but singing, then you should be a singer, girl."  Well, I wake up in the morning, and I can't think about anything but eating.  Now, aside from pie eating contests, tell me how I can make "Eater" into a profession.  Would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment