Friday, May 20, 2022

Letizia in AMS

My second weekend in Amsterdam, Letizia took the train from Paris to stay the weekend with me.  Here's a photo download of some of our adventures!

Croquets, fries, and beer at Saloon

At my window seat at home,
taken by my professional photographer


We're almost always eating.
This is herring and eel!


At the Huis Marseille, Museum for Photography;
would recommend for the canal house, not the exhibit!


Swimming in tulips at Voldelpark

Indonesian rice table:
The Dutch colonized Indonesia, and like Indian food
in London, there is much Indonesian cuisine here

One of many photos of Leti pointing at things

A favorite, taken by Leti

I mean.


Quiet Dutch mornings at home

At Albert Cuyp market: 
Poffertjes, my new obsession



Brunch at Little Collins in De Pijp


Letizia's watercolor of me would've 
been much better without a face

Another sweet treat: fresh stroopwafels from Rudi's
#yolo

Drinks and snacks at Café de Sluyswacht

Food was eh, but the beer and view, to die for

Seeing Downton Abbey at the historic, art deco 
Pathé Tuschinski 


View from our loveseat

Another sweet pancake treat, 
during brunch at New Dutch Amsterdam in Joordan

The inspiration of this photo was simply: 
Leti liked my blue wall

One small anecdote I'll share is that Letizia and I primarily speak Italian together.  Once, a shopkeeper, when we switched from Italian to English, complimented me on my accent.  I haven't gotten over that comment - I mean, I have been practicing for going on 35 years!

Perhaps our favorite adventure was discovering an auction house.  That deserves its own post, to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment