Saturday, June 19, 2010

Final Countdown

In a mere two days I'll board my plane to Turkey, or Ham, or whatever it is! No, I'm not actually that confused about the country's name, I'm just beyond psyched to explore the only country that shares its name with a delicious meat and I think more countries should follow suit. Imagine a world filled with food countries. "I'm off to visit Crepes!" "I can't wait to step foot in Jam!" Oh, the possibilities.

I thought I'd be super nervous like I was before leaving to study abroad but I've got it on lockdown. As I told my mom, I'm trying to be a big girl. But really, it's just that this time around I know what the heck I'm doing. I've been getting ready for weeks so that these last couple days wouldn't be too stressful and I've actually been quite successful in executing that plan. And as far as leaving, this time I don't just feel sad to leave the people I love here, but excited to see the people I love there! I feel so fortunate that it worked out to meet Gio, Shawn, and Charlotte first because seeing close friends will really cushion the blow of leaving home. Then in Bologna I'll get to see all my old Italian friends, and in Siena I already have a jump-start with roommate friends. So all in all, not a bad set-up. And to all my America family and friends...you know how much I'll miss you, and you know how good I am at using Gmail and Skype. :) Lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment