Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Safe & Sound

I made it! I am currently sitting in Gio's kitchen in Istanbul eating double-fat olives and drinking iced tea while looking out the balcony at buildings upon buildings. The trip over was as stress-free as can be. I only wish I could have stayed a bit in Germany, as everything looked so cute from the plane! My transfer went smoothly and Turkish Airlines was quite nice. I got a full warm meal on a 2.5 hour flight, which would never happen anymore in America. I don't really even have any airplane stories for you...that's just how easy the trip was. Now I can set to work on wrapping my mind around the fact that I just traveled half-way around the world and I'm in TURKEY. Whoa. Tomorrow we're flying out of the airport on the Asian side of town to go on a beach trip to Fethiye, Turkey. That will be my first time ever in Asia. How weird! Expect more details in the coming days...xoxo

2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it safe! Thanks for the update :) Beach trip sounds awesome. Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Glad your flight went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete