Thursday, September 20, 2012

First of Many


This upcoming weekend marks the family's social event of the year, my cousin Ashley's wedding.  The photo above was taken at our house in London in the fall of '88, when Ashley and family came to visit us in England.  Ashley is just six months younger than me, the daughter of my mother's brother, Albert, who also happens to be my godfather, and she's marrying Ryan Taylor, a baseball-loving businessman from Santa Rosa.  Perhaps what is most exciting about the occasion is that it kicks off a new generation of Gomes family grown-up celebrations.  She's the first of the cousins to wed, and before we know it there will be more veils and three-tiered cakes and even christenings.  I'm so excited for her and our new addition to the family, Ryan.  We're sending serene vibes your way as you guys prepare for the big day!  Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment