Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fork in the Road

It's my last few days living in San Diego before I move home to begin my fall study abroad recruitment internship. I'm going to be visiting university study abroad fairs on the Iowa and California circuits, promoting various programs to students in exchange for a great resume builder and a huge network of contacts.

I'd say, "How did the summer fly by so quickly?" but since it always does, just like everything else wonderful and sweet in life, I'll glaze right over the sunny reminiscing and look to the future. In just 3 days I'll be home, unpacking my things and trying not to allow myself to fall into a slump over the idea that I just graduated and am all-too-quickly moving back home, instead remembering how lucky I am to have a base from which to launch my various expeditions.

First stop: Des Moines, Iowa. Life can't always be glamorous. They key is to keep an open mind, and my previous travel experience has prepared me for this. I think. In my five-day trip I'll also be jetting through Madison and Minneapolis. Perk point: Mall of America. Too bad I get paid so far below the poverty line that the line is a dot to me (Friends, anyone?).

I'm more excited and less anxious about my upcoming travels than I ever have been in the past. I like to think all this change is finally starting to feel more like second nature and less like cruel and unusual punishment. Success!

Thanks for tuning in. I'll keep you posted about my carrying ons!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! First comment! Glad you took my advice and started this blog! Looking forward to fun anecdotes about them college folk.

    ReplyDelete