Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Villa Wars

Last week we finally transferred hotels from Villa Aurora to our more permanent location at Villa Fiesole. It's such a huge improvement, with a much more professional and capable staff, as well as much nicer accommodations. It was hard packing up and moving again, and it always takes me a while to feel at home in a new place, but once I saw my bathroom here at V. Fiesole everything was worth it! In order to show the striking contrast of the two hotels, here's photos, first of V. Aurora and then V. Fiesole:

My room at V. Aurora

My bathroom at V. Aurora
(you couldn't even see yourself in that mirror)

And then Villa Fiesole came to my rescue:

My bedroom

My "office"

My heavenly bathroom, which includes a huge tub where I take bubble baths worthy of Pretty Woman--minus the hooker part!

In addition, I have a view of Florence out my window, and the chef here is great. And did I mention...the internet actually works!

To be honest, I got along fine with my accommodations at V. Aurora. It was more the incapacity of the hotel to follow-through and several incidents we experienced that made us all terribly happy to seek refuge elsewhere.

Basically, V. Aurora didn't even stand a chance in this battle.

2 comments:

  1. wow!!! bellissima camera per non parlare del bagno!
    eh si un bel salto da villa aurora!

    ReplyDelete