Monday, October 18, 2010

Letizia visits!

Letizia, my flatmate in Siena, came to visit me Saturday and we certainly made the most of it. I took her to The Diner for some authentic American Eggs Benedict, we did Italy's art capital justice by going to a Bronzino exhibit at Palazzo Strozzi, and of course we meandered through the markets as well.

There was a really cool mirrors exhibit at Palazzo Strozzi. Leti's face is hilarious.

In the afternoon, I brought her up to Fiesole with me to show her the main piazza, Georgetown's Villa Le Balze, and the hotel I'm living in. She couldn't get over how stunning the villa was, thus much photo taking ensued:



It was so nice to finally have a friend visit and to get to show my life here to someone I care about. It helped me remember just what a charmed life I live up here. We had a such a fun day, the kind that makes all the crazy ones worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment