Monday, January 6, 2014

Amanda & Andrew Visit


Oh man, I haven't blogged since November.  How does that happen?  I'm going to play a quick game of catch up, and do my best to be more on top of it in 2014.  So she says.

Back in November, my dear friend Amanda (from the days of silliness, self-discovery, and friendship that can only happen in a freshman dorm) came from Chicago to the bay for a visit, and brought her new-to-me-and-Brittany boyfriend, Andrew.  It was hard to believe that I hadn't seen her in several years, and we had such a blast reminiscing, catching up, and making new memories.


I'd say we spent most of our time either walking or eating, often walking towards eating.  The weather was lovely, so we spent Saturday hiking in John Muir woods, enjoying an escape from the city.  That night, our mutual friend Angelica (re: how I started working at Box) came to join us for dinner and drinks (or rather, drinks and dinner) in the Mission, at Gracias Madre.  


The next day we did some exploring and went to AT&T Park to see Brittany's boss perform in her cover band, AC/DShe.  It was pretty open around the park, so we even got to chill in the dugout.  Finally, that evening, Andrew cooked up some delicious Iranian food for us at home, and we just hung out chatting for hours.  It was such a treat to see them, and so nice to catch up with Amanda, if only for a short time.  Miss you, girl.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun visit! Was Gracias Madre the vegan Mexican place we went to when Preetam surprised us (me)?

    ReplyDelete