Monday, January 6, 2014

Giving Thanks 2013


Thanksgiving is just the best holiday.  Family.  Friends.  Food.  Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation to kick off the holiday season.  Christmas is still ahead of you!  All you have to do is eat gravy and drink wine!  Sure, you can do all of that in your sweatpants!  Definitely the best holiday.  This is as close as it gets to empirical evidence.



It was a very relaxed Thanksgiving, in fact we even stole my mom away from the kitchen for about an hour to just sit on the patio and drink wine.  



Dad was in fine form with the turkey business, sporting his Giants chef hat and Cannoli apron.  It may not have been the height of fashion, but between my mom and him, it was the height of my culinary year, that's for sure.  Why can't we eat turkey every day?  I can tell you I sure tried that week.  I set a Guinness World Record by eating turkey nine different times.  Look it up.


Emma was as cute as ever that week.  Sorry, Daniel, it's all about her.


Of course, she wanted in on the turkey deal.  She even tried to steal my seat at the table when I got up for seconds.


Later that evening, we had a special treat when the Henrys stopped over for dessert and a movie on their way home from their family dinner.  It was really special to have everyone together, laughing at Cousin Eddy and eating rice pudding.  I'll never forget it.  In fact, I think it was the thing I was most thankful for that day.

In a small variation from the rest of our weekend spent recovering on the couch, my parents, Emma, and I went to Sonoma for lunch.  Emma, once she realized she wasn't going to the kennel, was so excited to be out in the world.  I got to try The Girl and the Fig, where we shared an amazing cheese plate and wine flights.  


The rest of the afternoon was mostly spent swooning over how cute Emma looked in her sweater (this was borderline animal cruelty as it was 75 degrees out, but cuteness prevailed over sensibility, as usual).



No comments:

Post a Comment