Sunday, August 1, 2010

San Chimichanga...

...Or rather, Gimignano. In my family, we call it San Chimichanga; one, because no one seems able to pronounce the real name, and two, because it's just a whole lot more entertaining. I went Friday as a chaperon for the Art History class, with about 35 students and Anna, their teacher. Tough job, I know.



We climbed what seemed like 1,000 stairs up the tower in the Museo Civico for the reward of this amazing view:


Everyone was free to do their own thing for lunch (read: the study center doesn't pay for lunch), so I managed to relocate the restaurant my family and I ate at 2 years ago.


Anna and I had lasagnette with wild boar sauce, which is one of my favorite sauces. I need a camera that specializes in food shots because this is a truly awful representation, but you get the idea.

Anna, as a special treat, decided to buy some local wine for us all to enjoy in the afternoon. It was so nice relaxing in the garden, hanging out, and sipping cool sweet wine. Field trips in Italy cannot be classified in the same category as ones in America, obviously.

There was a great viewpoint of the town's towers from the walls surrounding the garden.


2 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous view! And how cute is Anna? Do you work together at the center?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, she's really cute and doesn't act her age at all, so we have a good time. She's the art history teacher this summer at the study center!

    ReplyDelete